The advantages of the stainless steel rim is apparent from the brief amount of time that i have used the perky brew reusable filter. Without this the mesh would warp and bend over time. In fact i can feel that it has warped ever so slightly but this has been reduced greatly by the rim. I was keen to use a reusable filter for ecological reasons as well as cost but to be honest i’m considering going back to paper filters. The reusable filter does not make the same seal as a paper one, it is slightly smaller than the plastic filter cap. When you put the perky brew in you can see it moving around. The end result of this is far more sediment in your coffee than with a paer filter. To the point that i do not finish my cup of coffee as i know what lurks beneath.
Great – all the strength of expresso, in a desktop tool :d.
Definitely better than the paper filters which remove the crema.
- Not as effective at filtering as the paper filters.
- Four Stars
- & makes for a great improvement in taste compared with paper filters
Does what it says on the tin.
Makes a great cup, but does take a little time to experiment.
Features of Reusable Filter For Use With The Aeropress Coffee Maker – Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter – Many Copies But The Best From 2POUR
- The paper filters have a different taste. They remove the oils from the coffee which leaves a different flavour. By using reusable stainless filters, you can get the full flavour of the coffee, just like at the coffee shops. This filter will last years if looked after properly. Just rinse after use and use time and time again.
- The filter uses 40,000 holes which we find is the best combination of grit removal and taste. Anything less and the grit gets let through, any more and we find the taste looses body. Obviously this is our personal choice.
- Welded and full stainless ring offering years of use, saving paper and improving taste. Just rinse and air dry until next use.
- Included in the gallery is a test filter without the rim protection after 2 months of use. As you can see it has been caught in the black cap during use at points through its life. The welded rim that is on our design keeps the shape of the lid and makes it easy to use the Aeropress in either the standard or upside down method.
- Lifetime warranty. Any problems, we shall exchange. Enjoy!
Works perfectly, & makes for a great improvement in taste compared with paper filters.