It looks classy, is well constructed, well designed and, most importantly, plays a great part in making a fine cup of coffee. Coarse ground coffee is the way to go with these, but the filter is very efficient at preventing solid coffee particles from getting through.
Sure, you could get cheaper cafetieres (and bigger ones for the price), but having used a rather cheap one from marks and spencer for a while, the grosche madrid feels well made compared. It’s an elegant design which reminds me of art deco due to the clean thin lines. What really sets this apart from the rest of the cafetieres is extra filtering system in the lid to catch any rogue coffee grounds or loose leaf tea that might escape. Rarely does that happen due to the strong mesh (the marks and spencer cafetieres bends too easily). The strength of the mesh also makes it easy to clean as you can be rougher with it to make sure it’s spotless.
GROSCHE MADRID Cafetiere, French Press, Coffee Press, Tea Press (1.5 L)
- PREMIUM – A truly premium quality French press coffee and tea maker that features fine-crafted chrome housing and Borosilicate glass beaker.
- MULTI-PURPOSE – Always use coarse ground coffee in a French press (1 to 3 tablespoons per mug 300ml). You can also use this French press to brew the best tasting loose leaf or blooming tea by allowing the fullest flavor extraction from the tea.
- DUAL FILTER SYSTEM – MADRID has a dual filter system, with the main press being one, and another one in the lid as well. When You make your coffee or tea, turn the lid to close the press while your coffee or tea steeps, and turn it again to open it to pour. That will retain heat and allow for better flavor for your coffee or tea. The MADRID French Press coffee and tea maker is truly a premium French press unlike any other, for a connoisseur of fine tasting coffees or teas.
- MODERN – The sophisticated design of the Madrid is nothing like you’ve ever seen before! The minimalist Chrome housing offers a stylish look that is sure to compliment any Kitchen. The bottom of glass beaker never comes in contact with any surface other than the Chrome base, providing protection. The MADRID housing features Tip-Grips that prevent the beaker from slipping out. MADRID surpasses all French presses and offers a difference you’re sure to notice the moment you hold it in your hands!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – Contact Rizpresso for ANY questions or concerns. You can also contact GROSCHE directly through their website for any quality or coffee making questions. The sale of this product will help provide safe drinking water for people in need through the GROSCHE Safe Water Project. GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and a Certified B Corporation, which is the highest certification for businesses that are good for the world. Learn more by visiting grosche.ca
- Manufacturer warranty will not apply. Please review Amazon’s return policy, which usually offers free returns within 30 days of receipt.
Clever design with an additional filter at the top as well as in the main body. Doesn’t leak grounds through to the coffee and tastes excellent.
Best cafetiere i’ve ever owned.
Bought several items to start making a decent cup of coffee, now just need the time.
GROSCHE MADRID Cafetiere, French Press, Coffee Press, Tea Press (1.5 L) : Fantastic absolutely brilliant.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell from online photos the quality of the product, i am happy to report that this product is quality made, easy to clean.
This is the second purchased.
I made the mistake of not checking the size, and was surprised how small this is. It’s just big enough for one mugful. But it seems to be well-made, the filter is good so you don’t get loads of bits in your coffee and it looks nice.
I have made one cup of coffee with this. It is the one cup size 30 odd ml). The glass beaker is quite substantial and thick, unlike others which tend to break and shatter. The plunger mechanism works and keeps all the grounds in the bottom, with none escaping into the mug. Brilliant and good quality product.
Perfect coffee press; durable and great quality.
No ‘schott duran germany’ printed on glass. (the reason i buy this cafetiere because i have a very durable ‘schott duran germany’ glass kettle.
After trying a number of cafetieres with varying success i decided to do a but of research. My main requirements were a. Decent volume and a filter that let me grind medium to smooth without releasing any of the solid material into the cup. This has performed excellent in this respect. The additional filter at the spout is a bonus but the main mesh filter does the hard work. Additionally the design means you can leave it on the counter a it will stay warm for well over 30 minutes.
Well made, easy to clean and looks great.
I love the shape of this , it is a purchase for the caravan so not tried yet.
This has performed fantastically, and i love the extra charitable ethos of this company. The mesh on ours is now knackered due to use and i would love to replace just this, but the cost of shipping is hideous. So i’m having to buy a whole new one and will be switching to a different brand as a result, which is a real shame and feels wasteful. I’m disappointed that you don’t make it easier to replace parts – my beaker and casing are fine, i just want a new mesh.
I ordered this for my mum as my sister’s kitten accidentally broke her favourite cafetiere. It arrived promptly the next day and she was delighted with it. It looks very stylish with it’s thick glass and shiny silver finish and feels very sturdy (i’m still hiding it from the cat though) and more importantly it makes a good cup of coffee. My mum’s previous one had a habit of letting too many grounds slip past the sieve, whereas this one is a nice snug fit and keeps the grounds where they are supposed to be. It is simple to disassemble and clean, and so far i’ve had no problems with it. It is perhaps a little pricey for a single mug filler, but it looks and feels the part of a high quality item so don’t let that put you off. I received this item at a discount in exchange for an honest and impartial review.
Very stylish, excellent build quality (actually the best build quality) perfect for coffee and tea. I would recommendamazon review**disclosure: i received this product at a discounted price in exchange of an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are 100% my own without an influence from the seller**.
Excellent product but item should have been left in the porch not on the doorstep.
This is the best coffee press i have owned. Beaufifully made and really strained out the coffee grouts. This size hold 6 cups and 4 mugs.
I’ve been using it for the last month almost every day. Easy to clean and not much residues come through the filter, thus, it’s a good caffetier/french press. I like the minimalistic and a little bit of industrial look of it, other than that, the concept of a caffetier is very simple and there are not many parts involved.